Did racial representation change at our outpatient sports medicine clinic during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Download Full Text (414 KB)
• COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)
• Increased infection, hospitalization, and death rates1,2
• Black Americans unequal access to outpatient care vs. White Americans 3
• Inequity worsened during the COVID-19 Pandemic 4
• Maine population: 94.25% “White;” 1.42% “Black” 5
• July 2020 COVID cases: 66.8% “White;” 22% “Black” 6
• Did this disparity reflect in in our sports medicine clinic?
COVID-19, Pandemic, Racial Representation, Sports Medicine, Outpatient
Douglas, William; Dexter, William; Haskins, Amy; and Holt, Christina, "Did racial representation change at our outpatient sports medicine clinic during the COVID-19 Pandemic?" (2020). Costas T. Lambrew Research Retreat 2021. 1.